Caramel, eggnog, cinnamon, roasted chestnuts and of course peppermint or candy canes are all part of the seasonal holiday flavors that make up this time of year! And it just wouldn’t be the same without them! Whenever it’s around Christmas time, I like to fix a healthy chocolate peppermint smoothie, so I figured I’d write up the recipe (with a bunch of different variations) for you guys!
I know that holiday drinks can run up to $5 (or even more, depending on the size) and leave me at least feeling like I’m on a sugar high and have a foggy mind the next day. Not to worry with this drink though! You’ll be getting some good complete protein, some antioxidants, and plenty of vitamins/nutrients!
Without much further ado, here is the recipe.
Questions for you:
- What’s your favorite seasonal drink?
- What’s your favorite holiday, and favorite part of that holiday?
- What do you celebrate?
Peppermint Chocolate Smoothie:
- 2 scoops Shaklee Chocolate Life Shake
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 10 oz. milk, non-dairy alternative or water
- 4 drops peppermint extract
- 1 tsp. cocoa or cacao powder (optional)
- (additional variations, read below)
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour in glass and enjoy!
- For upping your greens: add a big handful of spinach – you won’t even taste it! Blend the spinach and water together first until smooth and then add protein, banana, and rest of ingredients.
- For an even creamier smoothie (almost milkshake consistency) or smoothie bowl: increase the banana to a whole one, and decrease your fluid by 2-4 ounces. Have just enough fluid to blend the banana and have it be drinkable.
- For a Peppermint Chocolate Chip Smoothie: add 1 tbsp. dark chocolate chips (to stay dairy-free find dairy-free ones), or add 1 tbsp. cacao nibs for extra antioxidants.