Christmas is coming, and man it can get quite stressful! So much time is spent with searching for gifts, that the whole purpose of Christmas often gets lost. I have many friends, whom I adore, that I want to give a truly personal gift that means something to them and to me. One way of doing that is by simply making a gift for them instead of buying something! I know when I was younger, I would bake cookies with my family, wrap them up in a pretty Chinese take-out box and give them to my teachers as an appreciation gift during the holiday season. Not only was baking the cookies a ton of fun (as well as eating whatever was left over), but it also meant a lot to my teachers to give them something that was thoughtful and took effort.
So here is a simple and healthy gift DIY – Ready-to-make Protein Bite Jars!
Whenever my mom or I have people over, I always make protein bites and everyone loves them and asks for the recipe! So one year I decided to give them protein bite jars, where they only had to add almond butter and honey in order to fix the same protein bites they loved so much. It was a simple way to give them the recipe, but also give them almost everything they needed to make them!
Needless to say, this takes maybe 5-10 minutes max, and is popular with my friends!
Hope you are enjoying this holiday season!
Questions for you:
- Do you ever make something as a holiday gift for friends and family?
- How’s your holiday season going so far?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
What you will need for 1 protein bite jar:
- 1 mason jar
- 3/4 cup Shaklee vanilla or chocolate life shake
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Twine or ribbon
- Round label or piece of cardstock
- Fill your mason jar with protein powder first and press down (a spoon might work well here, but I used a mini tart shaper). Then layer the oats, coconut and lastly chocolate chips.
- On a small round label or cardstock write “Chocolate Chip Protein Bites”. On the back, write “Add 3/4 cup almond butter, and 1/3 cup honey. Mix well, and roll into bite-size protein balls. Enjoy!”
- Place on the flat part of the lid with “Chocolate Chip Protein Bars” facing up, and screw the outer lid on top.
- Wrap some twine around the lid and make a cute little bow.
- Give these to a friend or family member! 🙂