Sometimes it can be hard to achieve your goals, whether they’re part of your New Years Resolutions or not. It’s easy to fall off the wagon, and I have those issues as well. As much as I’d like to not be as technology-focused as I am, reality is that I spend a good chunk of my time on my phone. There’s Instagram, Facebook, Text Messages, Phone Calls, my Shaklee App and a gazillion other things I keep track of on my phone. But what some people might not know, is that there are several other apps that can help you stay on track for your goals!
I compiled a list of my favourite apps that help me keep track of my goals, as well as achieve them.
- AwesomeNote (productivity): The awesome thing about Awesome Note is that it’s like your most advanced to-do list. You have several to-do lists that you can divide up into folders, which I often then name “Today”, “This Week”, “Whenever”, “Business”, “Blog”, etc. It does cost a bit, but to me it was definitely worth it. What helps with those positive feelings of accomplishment is the fact that the app still shows you all the tasks you accomplished.
- Happier (self-improvement, health): If your goal is to practice more gratitude or cultivate happiness, this is the app for you! It’s similar to Facebook or Instagram, in the sense you can follow people, but what people post are their “happy moments” or in other words, things they are grateful for. It’s a fantastic community full of supportive people, who leave kind comments and “smile” (the replacement for likes) at you. This app is free, though you can make in-app purchases, such as courses, and more.
- Wishboard (self-improvement, inspiration): The mobile version of a dream board, this app is super helpful when you want constant reminders and inspiration for what you are working towards. The app lets you search google for images to add to a blank page and then you can upload it on your phone as a screensaver! Talk about constant inspiration! This app is also free.
- Unroll Me (productivity): Let’s talk e-mail. E-mail can be quite a feat. My inbox has over 1,000 new e-mails, and a grand total of over 3,000 emails. Unroll Me let’s you unsubscribe to newsletters easily and make your email more manageable.
- Dream Days (productivity): This app focuses on deadlines. If you have a goal you want to achieve by a certain day, it counts down the days for you. If that’s too much pressure, don’t worry about it!
- Strong Quotes (inspiration, health, self-improvement): If you’re lacking motivation to become a fitter you, and quotes inspire you this is the app for you! Everyday you get a new quote to motivate you to finish or start your workout and to stay strong. This app is free.
- Water Tracker Daily (health, self-improvement): If you struggle to drink a lot of water (like I do), then this app is for you. It’s free and lets you easily keep track of how much water you drink throughout the day.
- Sleep Log Recorder (health, self-improvement): Getting too little sleep? Absolutely no problem! Track how much you sleep by logging in when you went to bed, and when you woke up. Or if you know when you approximately fell asleep then log that. I get way too little sleep and this app is perfect for me! Also a free app!
- Balanced Blonde (health, self-improvement): Warning: I haven’t actually downloaded this app, but it looks amazing! The Balanced Blonde is a different blog, whose writer has created her own app with healthy recipes to try. The photographs are stunning and the recipes look delicious. It does cost a small fee, and I can’t wait to get inspired by it!
- Mint (finances): Mint is awesome for those who want to manage their money better or start saving toward something. For me it’s a DSLR camera, so this app lets me connect it to my debit or credit card and let’s me plan how I want to manage my money. Free for all!
Hope this helps you on your journey!
What are your favourite apps? What are your resolutions/goals?